Friday, June 3, 2011

Historical Fiction Friday


Lily of the Nile is about Selene, the daughter of the infamous Cleopatra.

When her mother dies, Selene is taken to Rome along with her brothers. She doesn't want to leave her homeland, and she is upset her mother killed herself, but she doesn't have a choice. Once in Rome she finds life difficult to adjust to, but not as difficult as her stubborn twin brother. Despite everything that takes place, Selene is faithful to her faith as she tries to carve out a life for herself in a strange land.

I don't know much about Egyptian history, but I love reading these books. I found this one interesting, the characters well written and I enjoyed the little bit of magic that was thrown into the story. Selene is a young girl, teenager through the entire book. There is a sequel in the works, and I am looking forward to that.

Teens who are more advance will enjoy this historical fiction novel. It is marketed for adults, but I think teens who regularly read adult books, and want to get away from the endless fluff of teen historical fiction novels will enjoy this one.

No comments: