Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I want it Wednesday


Anna Godbersen is well known for her Luxe series. Teens raved about it. I thought it was Gossip Girls in Victorian dresses. There were a few scattered details of historical details, but not enough to get this Victorian history buff excited.

However, Ms. Godbersen has a new book coming out in October this year. After the bitter taste left in my mouth after the Luxe series one would think I would run from this latest book screaming. However, Ms. Godbersen has decided to write about the 1920s. This is a great setting. Its a time of upheaval. Women can vote. Their skirts are shorter. Their hair is short. Some smoke and are ridding around in cars with boys!

I look forward to this novel to see what she does. The cover is shown above, however I'm shocked it would be out this soon. Still, I think its good and captures the feel of the 1920s.

So when October hits grab a copy of Bright Young Things.

2 comments:

Rebecca Herman said...

I got a chapter sample of this at BEA. Sadly there won't be any ARCs.

YA Librarian said...

Booo. No ARCs. I wonder if this will be offered on Amazon's Vine? I'm wondering if she's established a name for herself so her publishers decided not to go the ARC route?