Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vampires, Witches and Fairies! Oh my!



Ever since Twilight has come out there has been a trend in young adult literature to produce books about vampires, fairies, or ghosts. Apparently, this is called urban fantasy. Anyway, I have a lot of students who are looking for something to read after they finish the Twilight Series. Below are some suggestions that I hope you will find interesting.

If you think I have forgotten something please respond to this post. I am always looking for new books to order for the library.

  • Need by Carrie Jones
  • Bones of the Farie by Janni Lee Simner
  • Raven by Allison van Diepe
  • Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires Book 1) by Rachel Caine
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  • The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb
  • Blue Bloods( Blue Bloods Book 1) by Melissa de la Cruz
  • Blue Moon: The Immortals by Alyson Noel
  • Vampire Kisses (the Series) by Ellen Schreiber
  • Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1) by Cate Tiernan
  • Don't Die Dragon Fly (Seer) by Linda Joy Singleto
  • Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
  • Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz
  • Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston


Photobucket Photobucket

9 comments:

Laina said...

What about the Morganville Vampire Series? by Rachel Caine. Temping Fate by Esther Friesner. About a billion more I could name. Lol

Ms. I said...

I have never heard of Tempting Fate. Thanks for the suggestion!

Linda Joy Singleton said...

Thanks for recommending my DON'T DIE DRAGONFLY. There's a new edition of this book in the larger trade size and it includes a BONUS short story called DOMINIC's VOLCANO about the mysterious past of a favorite SEER character.

I'll add this blog to my links!

Laina said...

No worries. :) I have a ton, this is my favourite genre.

Ms. I said...

Laina, This genre is starting to grow on me :) Sometimes I find the books tired and the same ol' same ol' but I am looking forward to reading Raven and a few others.

Linda, Thanks for letting me know about the Dragonfly book. I'll have to order it for the library :-) And thanks for adding me to your links.

cindy said...

i know evermore by alyson noel is doing very well--debuted on the nyt list. it's the first in the immortals series and was optioned for television as well!

my copy is coming to me via amazon!

Ms. I said...

I'll have to look into this series. BTW, reading the book and loving it! :)

Mita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.