Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vampires, Witches and Fairies! Oh my!



Ever since Twilight has come out there has been a trend in young adult literature to produce books about vampires, fairies, or ghosts. Apparently, this is called urban fantasy. Anyway, I have a lot of students who are looking for something to read after they finish the Twilight Series. Below are some suggestions that I hope you will find interesting.

If you think I have forgotten something please respond to this post. I am always looking for new books to order for the library.

  • Need by Carrie Jones
  • Bones of the Farie by Janni Lee Simner
  • Raven by Allison van Diepe
  • Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires Book 1) by Rachel Caine
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  • The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb
  • Blue Bloods( Blue Bloods Book 1) by Melissa de la Cruz
  • Blue Moon: The Immortals by Alyson Noel
  • Vampire Kisses (the Series) by Ellen Schreiber
  • Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1) by Cate Tiernan
  • Don't Die Dragon Fly (Seer) by Linda Joy Singleto
  • Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
  • Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz
  • Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston


Photobucket Photobucket

9 comments:

Laina said...

What about the Morganville Vampire Series? by Rachel Caine. Temping Fate by Esther Friesner. About a billion more I could name. Lol

YA Librarian said...

I have never heard of Tempting Fate. Thanks for the suggestion!

Linda Joy Singleton said...

Thanks for recommending my DON'T DIE DRAGONFLY. There's a new edition of this book in the larger trade size and it includes a BONUS short story called DOMINIC's VOLCANO about the mysterious past of a favorite SEER character.

I'll add this blog to my links!

Laina said...

No worries. :) I have a ton, this is my favourite genre.

YA Librarian said...

Laina, This genre is starting to grow on me :) Sometimes I find the books tired and the same ol' same ol' but I am looking forward to reading Raven and a few others.

Linda, Thanks for letting me know about the Dragonfly book. I'll have to order it for the library :-) And thanks for adding me to your links.

cindy said...

i know evermore by alyson noel is doing very well--debuted on the nyt list. it's the first in the immortals series and was optioned for television as well!

my copy is coming to me via amazon!

YA Librarian said...

I'll have to look into this series. BTW, reading the book and loving it! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.